Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Can't run a sewing business without THIS

Well, well, well.  You might remember when I started this business I bought a new sewing machine.  I bought the Baby Lock Sophia, which sews and embroiders (hoping to learn to use that function one day...).

I had orders on hold waiting to get this new machine... waited almost 6 weeks on back-order.

That was last June. 

And now it is back at the shop...  I don't even know where to start.

Long-story short: she couldn't find any stray threads anywhere and she doesn't think a broken pin/needle could inflict the problem (it stopped working)... she thinks perhaps it needs real surgery and could be a broken gear... and it "might" be covered under warranty because it is less than a year old... as long as it wasn't something I did... leave it here and we will try to get it to you before you move (5 weeks) or we can ship it to you...

Deep sigh.

At least I have a machine on loan... from Steph.  So... I plan to finish up my current orders.  Get a couple samples done for upcoming holidays (July 4th).  Get a couple kids projects done (pants for C).  And then pray that my machine is repairable... and covered under warranty.

2 comments:

  1. welcome back to blogland my dear:) missed you. my poor machine isn't broken, just being severely neglected. your moving huh? gosh what you military wives go through for us...we really appreciate it! thanks! hope you get your machine back and all works out.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yikes. That sounds like a royal mess. Thank goodness for friends in a pinch.

    ReplyDelete